Looking for hiking directions to see the Hollywood Sign?... Consider this short route
Duration: 2 hours.
Distance: 1.2 miles/1.9km (Beachwood Cafe to Mulholland 6000 Hwy).
Starting location: North Beachwood Drive or Beachwood Cafe.
1. Start on North Beachwood Drive and walk towards Beachwood Cafe.
North Beachwood Drive is approximately a 20-minute walk or 5-minute drive from Hollywood Boulevard.
As you walk through Beachwood Canyon Neighbourhood towards the cafe, the Hollywood Sign should be in view.
The cafe will be to your left after the little archway - look out for the graffitied man just before.
2. Continue past Beachwood Cafe and take a left on Ledgewood Road.
You'll now begin to hike through and explore Hollywood Hills Neighbourhood to reach the Hollywood Sign.
3. Take a right on Rockcliff Drive - a further climb uphill!
4. Take a left on Deronda Drive.
Continue up the hill until you reach the Mulholland 6000 Hwy Sign.
5. Pass through the turquoise gate and follow the pathway with the stars.
You'll reach a clear viewing spot of the Hollywood Sign.
6. If you want to reach the top of the Hollywood Sign, take a right on Mulholland Way followed by a left on Mount Lee Dee Drive.
You'll need an extra 45 minutes to 1 hour to reach the sign.